Thursday, May 1, 2008

216 DEVILED EGGS

I have now surpassed my previous deviled egg record of 3 dozen. This time I boiled and filled 9 dozen deviled eggs. You may not be able to tell in this picture, but I used a cake decorating tip and a gallon freezer baggie to fill the 216 halves. When I was done, the tip end was splayed out from pushing the pickle relish through the opening. They were sure yummy (if I do say so myself). The 140 guests ate 7 1/2 dozen (180 of the 216 eggs) and the rest were divided up by the servers and taken home.
The occasion was a benefit to raise funds to help with the medical bills for my 19-month-old great niece, Addison. She had recently been diagnosed with epilepsy. Family and friends prepared and served sloppy joes plus extras and we had a great time working together.
I hope you have enjoyed time with friends and family lately.
Carlene

No comments: