Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Surfing in new waters


I created this 100" x 100" quilt
(with slightly different inner borders)
after viewing a photo of an antique quilt online.
As you can see, green is a powerful draw for me yet.
What would you use to make the 378 half square triangles--
Triangle Paper, Wonder Ruler or traditional methods?



Also I discovered two more websites of interesting quilts.
On the BBC website I found information about England's
Victoria and Albert Museum current show of quilts from 1700-2010.
Check out the hexagon quilt probably made by a sailor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/arts_and_culture/8578091.stm

Below is the website where you can view the winners of the
Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival 2010 and 2009.

You know I loved the quilt entitled "Variations of Green" by Chinami Terai
which appeared with the 2009 winners.

Keep quilting--in your style and with your favorite colored fabrics--or not.
Whatever you choose, I hope you have a lovely spring!
Carlene

No comments: