Saturday, February 6, 2010

A tisket, a tasket, white with blue basket







Here is a photo of a lovely full sized Depression era basket quilt which I took at the quilt show at the Shenandoah Historical Museum in September, 2009. I drafted a queen/king on Electric Quilt 6 and added a inner border to float the blocks more. In addition I changed the setting from alternate white blocks to white sashing. I have to make more blocks, but I chose that method.





Then I flipped the basket colors and actually like the white baskets on blue, too. I am a sucker for two color quilts. How about you?

Then I got to thinking...why didn't I like the plain alternate blocks? So I reworked the quilt a bit more and here it is in white with blue baskets and then blue with white baskets. Leave a comment if you have a preference.






I love to give my opinion. Don't you?






1 comment:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I LOVE this quilt! The depression era is my favorite vintage time to collect things from. Anytime you want to paint and remove wallpaper, call me. I will come down and we can knock it out. I am pretty sure Mom would help too! :)