Saturday, February 6, 2010

There's snow on the pink mountains


I've been working at quilting again. This is my pink and white delectable mountains quilt. Five borders are added onto the center block. As you can see, I am up to number three so far.

I am using the Eleanor Burns book and template. It was been going very smoothly.

After a green spell, I am currently on a pink focus. The next quilt is a trip around the world...or at least that is my current thought.







Last September I went to a quilt lecture by Star Anne McIntire Kloberdanz at the Historical Museum in Shenandoah, Iowa. There was a lovely exhibit of Depression era quilts which prompted me to take many pictures.




I have been using them as inspiration for new quilts to design and make. Here is their dark blue and white quilt that is inspiring me to use my indigo blue and white fabrics and their "Squirrel in a Cage" block to make my version of this quilt shown below in an Electric Quilt 6 drawing.




I have been very lax on blogging. Perhaps I will turn over a new leaf and use my blog to prompt myself to do more quilt re-designing.
I hope you are finding inspiration to create quilts or other arts that make your heart sing.
Carlene

No comments: